A maintenance strategy is defined as method we adopting to maintain the plant or equipment, this is a list or data having the rules for the sequence of planned maintenance work. It contains general preparation information, and list of all assigned work and plan to do the work.
What are the benefits of good maintenance strategy?
- If your maintenance strategy is good it definitely increases the life your asset life.
- Good maintenance strategy can reducing asset failures and downtime,
- It can minimize repair costs.
- It can improve the health and safety of man and machine.
Everyone industries and maintenance personal adopted some maintenance strategy if your current strategy is not sufficient or not able to maintain the equipment then assess your current plan to identified its strength and weakness.
There are four type of method for maintenance these are given below.
- Run to failure – or it is called as breakdown maintenance or reactive maintenance. It is very simple form of maintenance as to maintain when damage. It is good method for the equipment that are in less use and low in cost And there is no any other failure by damage of this equipment, but where we need continuous production and less time and breaking of such parts can damage other parts such method is not good ,
- Scheduled Maintenance – also called preventive maintenance. This method involves periodically intervals repairing or replacement. Mean replace or repair the equipment after a given intervals of time such as replacement of oil of hydraulic after 5000 running hour or after 8 month called preventive maintenance. Many companies adopted much software for this. In such type of maintenance a complete work list is prepared and action to be taken on every equipment.
- Predictive maintenance– Its main aim to identify the failure before happen so rectify it to prevent the breakdown. These types of maintenance involve daily monitoring of equipment and maintain its data sheet. Today sensor and other instrument is also used for this purpose but it is possible to carry it via visual inspection.
- Reliability –centred maintenance – mean breakdown is not always linear so we have studied all the aspect of equipment breakdown and prepare a detailed auction plan for reduce the breakdown. Our main goal is to make the equipment available.
TYPE OF NON DESTRUCTIVE TEST AND WHAT TYPE OF TEST TO BE CONDUCTED FOR PARTICULAR TYPE OF DEFECT-CLICK HERE
TO KNOW WHY WE USE ALLOY STEEL AND WHAT IS BENEFIT OF ALLOY STEEL - CLICK HERE
TO KNOW ABOUT THE NATURE OF LOW TEMPERATURE CARBON STEEL AND WHERE IT IS USED -CLICK HERE
TO KNOW WHY WE NEED TO USE KILLED CARBON STEEL AND WHAT IS KILLED CARBON STEEL- CLICK HERE
TO KNOW ABOUT CARBON STEEL - CLICK HERE
WHAT IS STAIN AND WHAT IS STAINLESS STEEL AND WHY STAINLESS STEEL CALL STAINLESS STEEL- CLICK HERE
TO KNOW ABOUT THE TYPE OF STAINLESS STEEL - CLICK HERE
TO KNOW ABOUT ELEMENT OF POST WELD HEAT TREATMENT AND DESCRIPTION OF EACH ELEMENT - CLICK HERE